Friday, May 8, 2009

So much to say

First I'll start by thanking Josh and Abby for a wonderful evening last night. It is always a pleasure to hang with you, your friends, your kid and your dogs. Not to mention the 'dillas. It was great to watch Jordan and Elliette playing so well together. The future friendship should be a marvel to behold.

Which brings us to,secondly, "Huuuuuge Congratulations!" to Seniz and Nels on their beautiful baby girl, Banu. I cannot wait for the Longfellow girls to start tearing it up together. Michelle, Jordan and I can't wait to meet her and smother her with hugs and kisses. Well done you guys and way to sneak in that screening of Star Trek. It will be the last theatrical release you see together for quite some time.

Thirdly, I am so excited for Kenny and Sally's impending nuptials. Not only are two of the greatest people I know making the greatest commitment to one another, but it is bringing two of the greatest people I know back to Minneapolis. Blair and Adam, we have a fatted calf all ready for the slaughtering, so bring your prodigal butts home for a minute.

Lastly, as many of you know, my very good friend, Michael Villar is into his sixth month of fighting cancer. He is so strong, and has been a great inspiratiopn to me throughout the years, but particularly this past six months. He has undergone a series of chemo treatments which, along with the cancer, have left him very tired and physically weakened. As a result he has been unable to work and has mounting financial difficulties before him. I urge you to visit www.chemocaca.com
It is a website developed by Villar so he can share his experience dealing with his disease and treatment regimen. If it is within your means to do so, please send any amount you can afford to:

Michael Villar
1963 S. Bedford Street Apt. #8
Los Angeles, CA 90034

Final finally, this week marks the start of another congressional run against the malevolent Michele Bachmann, by none other than my stepfather, El Tinklenberg. Check out www.tinklenberg2010
and read his declaration of intention. I'm building the site currently so this is just a placeholder page until the campaign gets moving. Call him crazy, call him a glutton for punishment, but the man is committed to public service and ridding our congress of divisive lunatics like Michele.


There are so many people I want to reach out to and, though you may not be mentioned here, I am thinking of you as well.

Peace, love and wellness to all of you.
Richey

No comments:

Post a Comment