Thursday, May 28, 2009

Where do I start?

First of all, if you are not interested in what a drunken blowhard has to say, STOP READING!

The past few weeks have been a gift. Family, friends, seasons, muskie; the list goes on, and on.

I have lost a few pounds, killed a few brain cells (good riddance), taken a few drives, jogs, bike and boat rides, split a blunt with a bow and arrow, woke to the sound of blood-curdling screams and enjoyed some of the finest moments of my marriage.

I am also the proudest father, upon whom god has blessed the greatest daughter.

Adam, the absence of you is palpable. Thank you for coming to stay at our home and giving my wife and daughter an alternative to the predominant "male" vibe that is the usual fare.

Kenny and Sally, only the sweetest and most sincere wishes for your successful future together.
Thank you for including me in your beautiful ceremony. I hope I executed my responsibilities in a way that reflected your intentions. I love you both and am so thankful for your friendship.

Mary Preston, you may never read these words. I hope that they find their way to you. Thank you for the benefit that you threw for my good friend, Michael Villar. I suggested him as a doorman one random night, many years ago. I knew he would be good, because he is the ultimate diffuser of any situation, and has the ability to make friends with any person, regardless. I have a great amount of respect for you and the business you run in Hollywood. Thank you for going to bat for me and Michelle when our futures were very unsure. Thanks for looking out for Mike and everyone else for all these years.

I hope that everyone else is living the life they feel is right. I look forward to the time when we can be together and share our lives with one another.

Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment